What is your current obsession?
- Leonard Peltier
- Mongolian and Gypsy culture
What is your weirdest obsession?
- My son's BMs when he was a baby... at least I think that is the weirdest.
Recall a fond childhood memory.
- Watching the super bowl with my entire family. (I do mean entire... aunt's, uncles, cousins, grandparents... the works! It was the year that Miami was undefeated, then won the SB!!
What's for dinner?
- Sauteed fish, salad and left over butter nut squash surprise! Yummy! (Made from a butternut which came from a seed, which my very own Harley planted with his own two little chubby hands.)
What would you eat for your last meal?
- Last meal... Damn. I think I don't know, but it would include a contribution from Ms Moon and also my sis... both really good cookers,and a White pizza with fresh garlic and basil.
What's the last thing you bought?
- Groceries. That is mostly all I buy these days.
What are you listening to right now?
- Bob the Builder, the phone ringing and the hub licking his fingers from his snack.
What do you think of the person who tagged you?
- Our Lady of the Lemons is my very first cyber-friend. And although she is much hipper than I, we do think along the same sort of lines, a lot! This is a rare and comforting thing for me. Looking forward to meeting her someday!
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
- Italy Italy ITALY! I think it would be the house used in the filming of Stealing Beauty. If you've never seen the movie, it is worth it to see the Italian countryside and that house. Oh that house, and pool, and the guest house!
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
- Gee whiz... not sure. An hour is not long. I guess I'd go visit my ma. An hour is a great amount of time for visiting one's mom and also it would force me to make the most of it.
Which language do you want to learn?
- I would make my Italian and French fluent.
What's your favorite quote (for now)?
- "Just because you are a character, doesn't mean that you have character"
- “Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps! End of list.”
What is your favorite colour?
- Don't like to play favorites, but...Like Steph and LL said, "if it's going on my body? Black." Otherwise, purple
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
- a khaki tank top. So not special, but it's my right now, AND I just re-found it!
What is your dream job?
- I want to be Ellen D. She has the job and personality I aspire to! Seriously, I'd like to write or have a radio talk show.
What's your favourite magazine?
- Toss up between The Week and Vanity Fair.
If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
- Not in a position to blow a c- note. I'd put it toward home repairs or Harley's education fund.
Describe your personal style?
- I don't exactly have one right now... but, I know it when I see it! I aspire to comfortable, and a little sassy?
What are you going to do after this?
- Make dinner.
What are your favourite films?
- Too many. Jeez. Whale Rider, Blue, Pulp Fiction, Divine Secrets, Wings of Desire, Casablanca.. (Ok, most anything old~Old horror flicks and musicals rock!) Anything Cohen Bros., Schitzopolis, Repo Man, The Breakfast Club, Princess Bride, The Marrying Man, American Beauty, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, The Deer Hunter, Anything by Woody Allen, Before Night Falls, Anything involving Johnny Depp... These are only the ones I can recall mind you.
What's your favourite fruit?
- Avocado... if that isn't a fruit then, watermelon
What inspires you?
- Being around fun and/or creative people, music, indigenous cultures of all kinds, going slowly enough to notice the world.
Your favourite books?
- DOH! Ahhhh.... too many... overload! Oh, here is the short list that I am able to call up immediately: The tao of Pooh, The Biology of Belief, The Things They Carried, The Ya Ya Sisterhood collection. Anything by Ted Andrews, Paulo Coelho or Starhawk.
Do you collect anything?
- Junk and apparently peas and butterbeans. Not really on purpose though, so I'm not sure it counts.
Any advice that’s come from bitter experience?
- Watch out for that 3rd chakra... It's a dandy!
What makes you follow a blog?
- Extraordinary writing, topics or information
- Being able to relate to the person writing it, and
- To keep up with people I like in a non invasive way... everyone is so time crunched anymore.
I cannot tag anyone at this time, as I am really only close enough to one blogger that I could tag. And well, she has already said that she is not a meme doer, so there you go. Sorry LL, I guess this makes me a dirty rotten rule breaker! But I did abide to the other rule, so... there is that, right? hee hee!