Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bad Mommy Day

Harley was sick today, so I blew off the 2 hour screen time rule, big time.  It was a cloudy and slightly stormy day.  We hung out and watched "The Land Before Time" videos ALLLLLLLLLL day literally.  Yea, we took snack breaks and such... We even played one honest to goodness card game.  But really, I read my book and sporadically got sucked into the vortex of cartoon dinosaur babies saving the day.  I also snoozed quite a bit and caught up with my sister.

Finally got it up to make some dinner, and now I'm horizontal yet again.  I guess some days are just like that.

We got good news about Matt in the late afternoon.  He is not talking or anything, BUT he is responding to pain stimulus in his feet and stomach.  (He flinched when he got a shot today)  He cannot see yet, but he can hear apparently and knows when family is in the room.  His heart rate goes up.  His infection is almost gone and the respirator is down to 35 percent. (Which is a good thing I understand)  His vitals are good, as is his oxygenation level.  Baby steps.

I've decided I'm going to be the family member who stays unabashedly optimistic.  That's my role and let's face it, I always root hardest for the underdog, so...  there you go.

Thank you so much for checking in and for your encouragement.  It means a whole lot to see the words you write.  Be Well.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

No. That's a GOOD Mommy day.

Akannie said...

LOL...ditto what Mz. Moon said. I was thinking..."Uh...no. A bad mommy is one who DOESN'T lay around with her sick baby loving those cooties away."

Such good news about Matt!!!! I' right here, rooting with you. (But I can't do those cheerleader jumps...too old and too fat). LOL

((((HUGS))))

JoJo said...

Sounds like an idyllic day to me, but for Harley being sick. And GO MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!