Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That's the way that the world goes round...


I know a guy, he's gotta lot to lose,
He's a pretty nice fella, kinda confused,
Got muscles in his head, ain't never been used,
Thinks he owns half of this town

He starts drinking heavy,
Gets a big red nose,
Beats his ole lady with a rubber hose,
Takes her out to dinner, buys her new clothes
That's the way that the world goes round.

That's the way that the world goes round,
You're up one day, the next you're down,
It's a half an inch a water and ya think you're gonna drown,
That's the way that the world goes round, that's the way that the world goes round.

I was sittin' in the bathtub, countin' my toes,
When the radiator broke, the water all froze,
I was stuck in the ice, without my clothes,
Naked as the eyes of a clown
I was cryin ice cubes, hopin' I'd I'd croak,
When the come through the window, the ice all broke,
I stood up and laughed, thought it was a joke,
That's the way that the world goes round.

That's the way that the world goes round,
You're up one day, the next you're down,
It's a half an inch a water and ya think you're gonna drown,
That's the way that the world goes round, that's the way that the world goes round.

(The Happy Enchilada's a bonus)

4 comments:

white rabbit said...

Do you know, I'd never heard that before!

Immortal stuff!

Petit fleur said...

I'm not a huge country music fan, but I LOVE me some John Prine, I think you'd like him too. His lyrics are incredible.

Lyle Lovett's pretty fun too.

Thanks for visiting.
Peace,
pf

Steph(anie) said...

That's Marty Stuart on the end! I grew up on country music and have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it now. :)

Petit fleur said...

Hmmm... didn't know that. Yea, I grew up out in the country, with country kids... My dad was a classical violinist and vocalist... He called my friends shit kickers, and when I liked their music, I was one too!

BTW, kicking shit, is actually fun! So is throwing it, as long as it's dried up. You learn a lot growing up out in the sticks.