Friday, October 1, 2010

First Friday


I'm not sure why, but this clip cracks me up.

Why did I post it? Well, I will tell you.  The fam is attending it's first office party for Marc's new job at the local PD's office this evening.  I'm sure it will not be nearly as whimsy and exciting as this clip, but it will be WAY more fun than the office parties I remember from the local Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association that I used to work for.  (DAMN! Those were some BORING parties) I get bored just thinking about them.  Anyway, this will be the closest I've come to an office party in over 5 years.

Fortunately I know many of the people Marc works with because he worked with a handful of them at his last real job, investing capital cases for the State.  Anyway, they are a lively and liberal group so I am actually looking forward to it, and since I have nothing else of note to say at the moment, I'm saying this.

It's funny that if you Google First Friday you will get many links to different cities promoting their local art and art districts with a monthly celebration.   The reason this party is named First Friday is because it's when the State workers get paid.  They feel that this is worth celebrating...  I do too!  I also think it's cool that they do this each month at a different person's house and that occasionally they even get a few wanderers from the DA's office!  That is very encouraging!

It's good to stay cohesive and celebrate the little things, the good things or just getting together because you can.  I think it's also great office policy.  People who party together, STICK together!  They pretty much have to don't they?  I mean they know too damn much about each other not to...

Life, ain't it grand?

10 comments:

Steph(anie) said...

The stapler in the jello kills me.

I have to limit my Office intake because my love for John Krasinski can become... problematic.

Have fun!

That Hank said...

Who are these state workers that get paid on the 1st Friday? Everybody I know gets their pay every two weeks - our next one is the 8th.

Petit fleur said...

STeph,

You are a hoot! Yea, I like the stapler in the jello too... WTF??? I also like the exploding watermelon... good times.

Hope your weekend rocks! (In the good way)
xo

Hey DTG,

Thanks for visiting! Actually they do only get paid once a month, but I believe it is at the end of the month. They just party on the first Friday following pay day... maybe because they have the money to do so?? It's the Public Defender's office. I guess some SWs still only get paid once a month. Poor suckers! xo

JoJo said...

It sounds like a great time! I hope you guys have tons of fun.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.

Dwight K. Schrute is my sensei. ;p

Ms. Moon said...

Enjoy the party!

Petit fleur said...

Jojo and Ms Moon,

Thanks, I hope to.
xo

PS Ms Moon, did you check out my previous post about the Follow your Cravings Truck? I think you'd love them... or at least the red velvet pancakes.

* said...

Life is grand, even office parties! :)

We have a first Friday in our city, it's in the art district and is a lot of fun, but would be funner with live poetry readings (I'm working on it!).

Hope your week is a good one!!

Petit fleur said...

Hey Terresa,

Thanks for popping in. Yea, we have First Friday's here too in the art district. I think your idea about a poetry reading is great. I hope you run with it!

Peace,
pf

white rabbit said...

Oh looky!

Rabbit!

*points*

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Have fun at the party!