Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hedwig and the Angry Inch...

Cher has Nuttin' on Hedwig baby!



How the HELL did this movie slip under the radar?? It's one of the best musicals ever, and while it's not totally serious, it's not total fluff either, like most musicals. And, have I said, the music is unbelievably great.




Wicked Little Town...This may be one of the most simple and beautiful songs ever written. No matter how many times I hear it, it still makes me weep. I believe among other things, it tells the story of the origin of art.


If this song isn't pure fun, then I DON'T KNOW what IS...


Music that takes you for a ride to the far reaches of the soul.

11 comments:

May said...

Isn't Hedwig so good? I like to ride around with DTG and sing along to it in the car.

Petit fleur said...

Hedwig is brilliant. I used to love riding around and singing with my bro too! He had a old Mercury, "The Merc" and we'd ride around with the windows down jamming away!
xoxo pf

white rabbit said...

Must confess I'd never heard of Hedwig before. Thanks for enlarging my horizons ;)

white rabbit said...

Consider yourself blogrolled btw :D

Petit fleur said...

I'm happy to do what little I can for our species.

There is so much to experience and love and enjoy... I think it's sort of a moral imperative to share the things we enjoy.

Oh, and you are being rolled as well.
Have a groovy Sunday WR,
pf

That Hank said...

This is one of a half dozen movies that I actually own.

Petit fleur said...

Hey DTG,

I have the soundtrack, but I want the movie. We sort of stopped collecting movies around the time Harley was born.

Maybe it will be my christmas present to myself this year. Thanks for stopping.
xo pf

Maggie May said...

thank you for this awesomeness!

Petit fleur said...

Oh, Miss Maggie! It was my pleasure.
xo pf

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I have Hedwig saved to watch on the DVR, but haven't gotten to it yet. I will do so soon.

Love you PF!

SB

Petit fleur said...

You won't be disappointed. It has everything, plus killer music and sets and ohhhhhh the colors!