Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baby Love 4-Ever starts Monday Nov 15th!

Most of you know and love Maggie May Ethridge from Flux Capacitor.  She is a tender heart, a wife, mother, teacher, friend and to say she is a talented writer is an egregious understatementy. Today is her birthday.  Happy Birthday Maggie! I am so happy you were born and that you are here being and doing all that you are.  As we are wishing Maggie a happy birthday, we are also preparing for another celebration... A cyber baby shower!

You may have noticed I've added a few elements to my layout here at PF's place.  I've added a paypal "donate" button and also a link to Baby'srUs.  These are just two of the ways I and others in blogland will be honoring our friend Maggie and her family this coming Monday, Nov. 15th.  

We (Elizabeth, Terresa, Ms Moon, Steph and myself)  are throwing a Cyber shower love fest for the Curry Family and all of you are invited!  You are invited to participate in any way you'd like, and there are many ways that you can do this~  YOU CAN:
  • You can choose to read one or all of our posts and just feel the love
  • You can leave a beautiful wish for the Curry family in the comment section for their memory book
  • You can send a gift by clicking on the BABYSRUS link upper right on this page. (It will take you right to Ever's registry list)
  • You can help offset the cost of early parenthood by contributing an amount comfortable for you to the  BABY LOVE 4-EVER MATERNITY FUND (See the DONATE button on the upper right side of this page)  
  • You can write your own post in honor of family inspired joy and include it in our 4 Ever Curry Love Fest!  And please let me know by leaving me a comment here, so I can let others know who and where you are in time for Monday..
  • You can combine any and all of the above choices....!!
The greatest area of support is needed in the Maternity Leave Funding.  The family income will be hit hard by Maggie not working during the momma/baby bonding period. (Having gone through this myself not too long ago, I am all too familiar with the importance of this kind of support). The bonding time should be a time of love and joy, not anxiety and worry.  So my hope is that the "donate" option will be a popular choice~  The amount does not matter... there are enough of us, and I know we can put a dent in this thing!  One dollar at a time...

This cyber fiesta is going to be loads of fun!  I love babies and children of all ages, and family, and giving, and reading, and writing, and interacting with others who love those things too!  I especially love to read what others write about their experiences, stories and anecdotes about family.  It reminds me that the world is mostly a wonderful place... that we really are all the same at the core, and it restores my emotional and spiritual set points to the happy place again.  I hope it does that for you too.

See you all Monday... No RSVP needed :-)  Please remember to visit all of us party throwers :ElizabethTerresaMs Moon Steph  They are the real writers!  I promise you, they are magnificent.  They are true jewels and pure joy to read.  And who knows, maybe by then one or more of you will want to write a dedication post!  See you then!

12 comments:

Steph(anie) said...

I'm in!

Maggie May said...

This is the second time this morning you've made me cry Melinda, why I am so blessed to have met women like you online is for the Universe to know, but for me to be so grateful and joyful for. I can't thank you enough for this overwhelming show of support and I really can't wait to read the messages from my blog friends, it's all of the words of support over the last two years that have really nourished my spirit and my heart. XOXOXOXOXO Big Love!!!

* said...

Beautiful! This is going to be fab!!! SWAK, Maggie, PF, et al! :)

Ms. Moon said...

You've done a lovely job, sweet Fleur. I am so excited to join in.

JoJo said...

You guys are so sweet to do this for your friend!

Petit fleur said...

Woo hoo Steph!!! I was hoping you would be... I'm adding you now.
xoxox and thanks!

Petit fleur said...

Oh Maggie... You don't know this, because I never told you, but you really got me through some rough times since I've been visiting FC. Just by being you and bravely putting yourself out there makes me feel connected to something and someone real and good... I've been silently yearning for an opportunity to do something in kind. Thank you for being you and being there.
xo PS This is gonna be grrrreat!

Petit fleur said...

Ms Moon, thank you. I'm looking forward to you post. xoxo

Petit fleur said...

Thanks Terresa!

I'm so looking forward to your post also! I am not a writer myself, but I know great writing when I see it...

xoxo

Petit fleur said...

Jojo, Thanks for stopping. You're photos lately are just incredible. You are making Canada look so appealing.

(We are among those that keep saying "IF things get any more insane here in the states, we're moving to Canada!") Now I actually WANT TO. Thanks for that. :-)
xo

white rabbit said...

Now how sporting is that! Plus it's for the lady with the Yeats quote at the top of her blog. Which is seriously cool...

:D

Petit fleur said...

Oh Rabbit, she is VERY VERY cool.